Friday, April 12, 2013

Ice Ice, Baby

JG: Sandy compelled me to post about a little incident we encountered while in Bogotá. After several weeks on the road, we decided it was time for a haircut (I, for one, needed it badly). Having no clue where to go, we opted for convenience and went to a place around the corner from our hostel that appeared to be endorsed by said hostel (there was a flyer near the front door). It was a funky, artsy place with stylists that resembled the venue. Sandy's appointment followed mine by about an hour.

I walked in prepared - with a photo I googled that resembled what my hair usually looks like. No brainer for my stylist, right? Well, once my haircut was over, I walked over to Sandy, who'd just arrived, and I urged, "Be specific with what you want". Because my hair looked like a one-armed Stevie Wonder cut it. She gave me what amounted to a bowl cut, uneven sideburns, a few opportunistic jabs with the clippers, and the encore was some strange triangle she shaved into the back of my head. "I give you design", my stylist says when the massacre was over. Apparently, she thought I told her "I want to look like Vanilla Ice circa 1989. Make it happen." Thanks, lady.

2 comments:

  1. No wonder all the pics you have been taking are from the front. LMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the side! You should be happy they didn't pull out the straight edge for the clean up.

      Delete